Friday, July 22, 2011

Hoodoo? We do!

Another layout using photos from last summer's vacation in Alberta. The kids had such a great time exploring the hoodoo's (the strange mushroom-shaped rock formations) and I loved scrapbooking the photos. Since the area (Drumheller) is known for its dinosoars, I decided to do a dinosaur theme.

I used a variety of new (to me) embellishments on this layout - canvas letters (coloured light blue using Copic markers, then lightly distressed with ink), corrugated cardboard strips (actually scrap cardboard that I ran through my crimper) and twine (tied in the chipboard button). The dinosaurs were cut using the Accucut machine at my LSS.

Challenges:
Blogger's Challenge - summertime
Die Cut Dreams - 4-legged animals
Fabulous Fridays - buttons (note the button in the bottom left of the first page)
Fuzzy Wuzzy - get punchy (dinosaurs are animals, right?)
Make it Monday with Kraft Outlet - favourite things (my kids and vacations; trying new techniques & products)
Paper Playtime - summer
Totally Papercrafts - one for the boys

16 comments:

  1. Love this boy LO, you have done a great job with this, love the colours and paper range is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Word I forgot to say Thank you so much for joining us at Frosted Designs!!!...I look forward to seeing more of your designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley these layouts are wonderful. What great memories this will evoke in your kids years from now! Great theme and the kids are so cute. Thanks for joining us at the Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge this month and sharing your pictures too!!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab LO's - love the added dinosaur papers! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun and cute! Great memories of a summertime trip and the dinosaur paper is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those pics! Your layout is so cute and I love the kraft background! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Outlet this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the square button! Sure looks like they had a great vacation too. Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so cute, fabulous dbl layout.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable layout!! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week for our My Favorite Things challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful LO!!! very boyish. Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ya
    a fabulous layout, great piccies,fab papers, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome layout. You did a fab job putting it together. I so wish I could pull that off! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtimes Summer Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun title and wonderful pages and layouts! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's a fabulous project Shelley, they sure seemed to have had a good time. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the DCD challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Colour Scheme! Many thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete