Wednesday, January 30, 2013

We might as well dance

Last week when my son told me about a dream he had where animals were dancing around on 2 legs, we both got a little (a lot) goofy and laughed ourselves silly imagining bulldogs in tutus and kittens doing plies. I couldn't get the images out of my head and so created this art journal page inspired by my son's creative idea.

The background is made using Dylusions inks and a mix of stencils. I'm still scrubbing the ink off my fingers cause I had so much fun playing with these fabulous inks. I used stamps from Dylusions as well - some of the leaves are stamped & coloured directly onto the page (heat-setting will allow you to colour with Copics over water-colour sprays!) whereas others were stamped on white card, coloured and fussy-cut.

Here's a close-up of one of the dancers. I found a vintage black & white photo of several ballerinas online, printed it off and coloured with Copics. I fussy-cut the dancers out, ran a black marker along the edges (to give some definition and help the images stand out more) and then chopped off the  heads! It was hard picking out the right animal faces but my son liked the expressions on the final choices.
 
I think the page needs something more - the space between the pink & green ballerinas seems too empty. Any ideas or suggestions? I'm not going to seal the page for awhile yet in hopes that inspiration will hit.
 
Anyway, I'm new to art journalling but I'll be doing more of it, especially if I can get the kids to share more ideas! Thanks for looking!
 
Challenges:
Crafty Creations - anything but a card
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Marker POP - pink
Totally Papercrafts - let's dance
Copic Marker Europe - anything goes with Copic
By the Cute & Girly - cute & girly

4 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous project. Thanks for playing at TPC this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Something for your son to look back on, and for you to be proud of your creativity! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how very creative! Great job. Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cute
    and thanks for playing with us at BTC&G
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete