Sunday, February 17, 2013

What a Hoot

Another project created from some of my BFF Jacqui's stash. This time she gave me a page kit from Lickety Split and even though the page layouts included in the kit were adorable, I decided to instead convert it into a mini album.

I included both chipboard and acrylic pages but otherwise kept the album design simple since the papers were so busy. All of the embellishments (flowers, leaves, brads, die cuts) came from the page kit - all I added was some cardstock and the album pages. Oh, and instead of binding the pages with rings, I used ribbon from my own stash.
 
I can't get over how quickly this album came together. So easy when all the papers & embellies are together. And even though I didn't use the page design provided in the kit, it really helped to give me ideas. Also so much easier when I just sit down and do it instead of over-thinking the process!
 
Challenges:
Glitter n Sparkle - anything but a card
Allsorts - things with wings
Alphabet Challenge - anything with wings
Hotshot Craft - anything but a card
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What a cute owl. He look so wise overlooking your mini album.

    Thanks for joining our Anything with Wings challenge at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great memory album,love the papers and the ribbons that hold it together. Thank you for joining us over at Glitter n Sparkle, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great and thanks for joining in with our challenge over at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning album . love the owl . thanks for sharing at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute album, I love the owl! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet's 'Anything With Wings' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete