Monday, May 25, 2015

May flowers

Sharing a few small projects that were inspired by the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge (May flowers).

A friend gave me a box full of chipboard shapes and included were about a dozen gift box shapes. I added gesso to 3 of them and used them as mini canvases. Although each turned out very different from the others, I actually used the same acrylic paint colours and many of the same stencils for each.

#1 Singing bird was finished off with one of Tim Holtz' birds and enamel musical notes.
#2 Friendship has hand-rolled flowers and a quote on friendship.
#3 Dandelions is my favourite as the white paint took on a silver sheen when added over black.

Acrylic paint - Dina Wakley - lime green, sky
Distress paint - Tim Holtz
Various stencils - Memory Box, TCW, Dyan Reaveley
Stamp - Tim Holtz - bird


4 comments:

  1. This is such a nice project. Thanks for playing along with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you altered chipboard shapes - such a great way to reuse them. The crazy bird is my favorite! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.
    http://www.lynnkopas.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those crazy birds, but I LOVE your dandelions!! They are So pretty!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Mixed Media Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just too cute!! Love how they are all different. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete