Saturday, December 26, 2009

A sampling of Christmas cards

I was absolutely scattered this year when it came to making my Christmas cards. I couldn't seem to settle on any one design or style or even colour scheme. As a result, almost every card that went out was unique. I really have to decide on one or two or even three designs for next year! Anyway, here are a few of my favorites.

Holly, the Christmas Fairy
This beautiful fairy is a digital stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil. "Holly" is so sweet and I had fun trying out a variety of colour combos. I added some glossy accents to the wings and the snow globe for added dimension. And there is glitter added to the sash and the holly in her hair. The papers are all part of Basic Grey's "Eskimo Kisses" line.


House Mouse Christmas Cookie Eaters

This next card also uses "Eskimo Kisses" paper along with a "House Mouse" stamp I borrowed from my friend Lisa. I used Copics to colour (as always) and added glossy accents to the cookies to make them look a bit more realistic. I had such fun colouring in these mice and I am thoroughly pleased with the colouring of the branches.


House Mouse Lifesaver Presents

Another borrowed stamp from Lisa. In fact, the background gold paper was also from Lisa. I off-loaded a bunch of my cards to Lisa and her daughters (I make more than I could possibly ever use) and in thanks she gave me a pile of supplies that she had hanging around. I have had, and will continue to have, a great deal of fun using the papers, embellishments and other items.

Anyway, I've survived Christmas and other than a couple of cards still to be hand-delivered, all got out on time. Another season survived!

1 comment:

  1. I think those are great! The mice are super cute, and that Holly is priceless.

    ReplyDelete