Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Olympic Winter Games

The energy here in Vancouver is quite incredible now that the Olympics have begun. Even out in the suburbs (where I am) the excitement is noticeable. I've been pretty apathetic about the entire thing (I don't like sports, especially watching sports) but now that it has started I find myself getting involved too. There are flags flying from the car, a big Canada flag in the living room window and, much as I hate crowds, I am taking the kids downtown today to visit some of the venues and see the sites.

The kids have been doing all sorts of Olympic-themed activities at school and daycare. I wanted to share this picture of them putting on their own Torch ceremony for us. I admit the passing of the flame was a bit more like a sword-fight but they were soooo proud of their homemade torches and so pleased to imitate their heroes.


Card Challenge: The Bugaboo Stamps Catch the Bug Challenge challenged us to create an Olympics-themed card this week. I started this card before I "caught" the fever so you will have to excuse the tone (inside the card reads "Cuervo Gold that is". Nonetheless, I kind of like this card and its tone. You have to check out the cards submitted by the design team - they are absolutely fantastic!


Recipe:
Digital stamp - Bugaboo Stamps
Olympics images copied from web
Copic markers
Glossy accents (for dots on shirt, glasses)
Stickles (for purse, shoes)

5 comments:

  1. While Ruby is adorable, I think the picture of your children "passing the torch" is beyond adorable. . .:D Thanks so much for sharing the excitement in Vancouver with us. And, thank you also for participating in our Go for the Gold challenge at Catch the Bug! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing card!love the layout too!
    thanks for playing the bugaboo challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is adorable! However, I especially enjoyed the picture of your kiddos. It must be fantastic to get to share in all of the Olympic fever. Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Go for the Gold challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, thanks so much for playing along with our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had missed this post, excellent pic of the boys. The card is exactly what I feel about the olympics, I love it!

    ReplyDelete