Card 1 (Elephant):
- Cute Card Thursday - challenge #98 - spots & dots
- ABC challenge - "N" is for new - use some new stash (the digi is new and the paper came from a new magazine)
- Doodle Dragon Studio - challenge #2, provided the sketch
- Copic Creations - challenge 21, use feathering technique
- Crazy 4 Challenges - challenge 23, create a Valentine
I played around with Dustin Pike's sketch quite a bit because I really wanted to make a wiper card. The picture doesn't show it well but basically the little Suzy's Zoo angel pops up when the card is opened. I left the side of the card purposefully blank so that I can write in a mushy, lovey-dovey message (which I will not inflict on you) to my niece. I absolutely adore the elephant image which is (of course) from Dustin Pike. The polka dot paper was a freebie from a card making magazine.
This card also uses a Dustin Pike image - isn't she adorable? I used more of the card making magazine free paper as well as some scrap ribbon. I have to do more practicing, but I also tried a new technique called "feathering" on the skirt. This was in answer to a challenge on Copic Creations. Check out Marianne Walker's great tutorial to learn more about using this cool method of combining colours!