Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Optimistically Pink

I hope that the weather isn't going to turn around and kick us in the backside, but it looks like Spring is arriving early on the West Coast. My camelia is in full bloom in the backyard, the grass is overdue for its first mowing and the cherry trees are bursting into flower. I was very glad to see some challenges asking for pink because there is nothing more cheerful and spring-y than pinks (in my humble opinion).

I used this beautiful image (and sketch) from Mo's Digital Pencil and then tried a couple of new things with the colouring. First off, I coloured the hair black which is something I rarely do (and really need to practice at). I also tried to add some dimension and detail to the kimono by adding glitter and using embossing pens on the swirls. I'm not thrilled with the effect as it thickened the lines. I like the glitter though that is added to the butterflies and the flower in her hair. As usual, I used Basic Grey papers.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Also, thanks to Gina for letting me know about the SophistiCat and Corrosive Challenge blogs. Both have Asian themes this week and after checking them out I had to add them to my ever-growing list of blogs to follow.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Shelly, love the image and so beautifully coloured :)

    Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi this fortnight

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card,love the image.
    Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi
    poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Shelly gorgeous image isn't it, you could enter this in the sophisticats challenge too. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so pretty in pink and blue! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Shelly.. I love the paper you chose.. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week. I am so ready for SPRING..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet shelley. Love that Mo image and your papers. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge this week. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty image and a lovely card! I love all your details, it all adds up to a wonderful creation!
    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi!
    Dee (Spryte)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is absolutely beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and so well coloured. Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Cute Shelley, many thanks for playing along at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete