Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pumpkin patch visit

I love working from home because it gives me the flexibility to take time off to participate in things like my youngest son's field trip to the local pumpkin patch. It was a wonderful day - the sun (unexpectedly) shone and all the kids behaved. I even got a couple of cute pictures of my camera-shy boy.
I started this layout using a sketch from The Scrapaholic Blog. Because I always work in 8-1/2 x 11 pages, I converted their 12x12 sketch into a 2-page layout. I chose papers from the K&Co paper pack mostly although there are a couple of unidentified scraps as well. The border punch is Martha Stewart and the die cuts are mostly My Mind's Eye. My favourite part of the entire layout (other than the smile on my DS) is the tiny little pumpkin paperclip holding the journalling spot - I bought a pack of these clips but haven't used a single one as they are just too darned cute.

Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks - die cuts
Celebrate the Occasion - Fall (with a pumpkin)
Cooking it up with Katie - anything but a card
Craft Your Days Away - Autumn
Creative Craft Challenges - fancy edges
Going Grey with Scrap-Creations - pumpkins
Penny's Paper-Crafty - halloween
Simply Create - pumpkins
Sisterhood of Crafters - halloween
Use it Tuesdays - orange, black or purple (how about all 3! My hoarded supply is the acetate black fence and the little pumpkin paperclip. It was really hard to use these items as they are just too cute/cool to risk using up).

15 comments:

  1. Looks like loads of fun, great lay out! Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, so very cute!! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout! Love how you took a 12x12 and made it into an 8.5 x 11. TFS w/me I love seeing what others do with my sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super fun layout! I love all the ribbons and embesllishments! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layout of some great memories! Thanks for playing along at Cooking It Up with Katie this week. Hope to see you again next week.
    NanaConnie DT Chef

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun LO Shelley!! I love it! I really need to do more LO...seems all I do anymore is papercrafts. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for sharing this great LO with us at Penny's. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi hun

    thanks for joining us at creative craft challenges, good luck in the challenge and hope to see you again,
    hugs sandra dt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful layout!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, that is a wonderful layout, thanks so much for playing along with us for our Halloween challenge in The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fun layout, such great details and way to stay on top of it! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this layout and all the wonderful details you put into it :) The die cuts are cute - thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wahooo! One fabby layout! So much details and the die cuts just add to the cuteness. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great design! I love it!!

    Can I just ask how we could get our group listed on the FP site?

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great layout, love the use of the photos! Thanks for playing Simply Create!

    ReplyDelete