Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge

The latest challenge on Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge is to create a wedding card inspired by the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". I decided to do something a little different from a traditional wedding card in order to capture the unrestrained joy of the movie (I also have a co-worker that has been trying to get her significant other to the altar so I figure this card will be great if she ever succeeds).

The sentiment inside says "Congratulations on making it to the altar!"

I used a sketch from another challenge - (Scrap 'n Stamp blog - for the layout. The image is a digital stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil that is coloured with Copics. It doesn't show well in the picture but I've used a Glaze pen on the dress to add shine to the dots and to the confetti. The flourish on the left is also covered in glitter.

5 comments:

  1. Adorable -love that image. Great twist on a wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny. I really hope you have the opportunity to give that to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Looks like a card for the runaway Bride! giggle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this!!!! I would love to get this if I were getting married "which I am NOT!!!!" hee hee. SQUISHY HUGS..Samara (I did the card with Brooke and Sankari)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelley - I LOVE that image!!! It totally captures the "unrestrained joy" element of the movie like NO other!!! And I totally hope that your co-worker gets to the altar soon - I know that this card would totally be appreciated when that happens!!! LOVE your take on the wedding card challenge - and so happy that you played along with us SHelley!!! Hope that you had fun and will play along with us again at Cinema Saturday!!! This week's movie challenge is one of my fave movies with one of my fave actresses ;) - hope that you join in the fun!!!
    Big hugs!!!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete