Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Encouragement card for a stranger

I love making cards but just don't have that many people to give them to, so when I read in her blog that, Phindy's Place designer, Philomena's sister was very ill and needed some encouragement I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to make a card that would actually be sent to someone.



I used a crocus image from Paper Garden which I coloured with Copic markers. The sentiment is from a Melissa Frances sentiment set. I didn't have anything of the appropriate size/dimension so I just stamped the image repeatedly over the 2 squares which I think ends up looking quite nice. The final touch were border strips along the side and bottom. I decorated the envelope with a third copy of the crocus image.

Recipe:
  • Paper Garden, digital stamp
  • Melissa Frances, sentiment
  • Martha Stewart, border punches
  • Copic markers
  • Basic Grey, patterned paper
Challenges:

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Shelly.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely gorgeous. (and you know how much I love purple) I also noted that you have a decorated envelope to accompany it. Three huge green thumbs up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Love the colors and details! Great job! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Crafty Ho's Challenges! We hope you'll join us next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card!

    Thanks for participating in the Crafty Ho's sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. . .I love the purple and the way you created a matching envelope (That always take a project up a notch!)! Thanks so much for working the corner with The Crafty Hos! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete