I am having a special event for my sister Jayme. She is in her early 50's and has terminal lung cancer. To make it worse, her sweet dachshund Molly passed away a couple weeks ago. Today we learned her cancer has spread to several other areas and her time is running out. I am asking for all my card making friends to send her a fun card...not really get well cards obviously, but something pretty or funny that will make her smile. She is a frog collector so frog cards would be awesome!
I think its wonderful that all of us crafters are being given a chance to (hopefully) brighten someone's day by doing what we love. I made the following card for Jayme - I hope it makes her smile a little bit. If you want to make a card for Jayme too, check out Lisa's blog - she is also offering some great candy for everyone that participates.
About the card:
I went a little crazy mixing & matching designers for this card. The princess is from Mo's Digital Pencil, the sentiment ("I better get a new palace out of this") and frog are recent freebies from Tiddly Inks (PCP group only) and the mushroom is from Stretch 'n Bubbles. All are coloured with Copic markers, then liberally bling'd up with Stickles. I fussy-cut the frog and then attached him with pop-dots to the mushroom - it looks really 3-D in real life. I'm proud of myself for pulling out some unused stash, too - I used chalk pastels that I haven't touched in 6 mths around the edges of each shape. Finally, I couldn't decide which ribbon to use so I ended up using both. I think the double bow enclosure gives the card an interesting finish.
- Mo's Digital Pencil, "Kissy" digital stamp
- Stretch 'n Bubbles, "Mushroom" digital stamp
- Tiddly Inks, sentiment & "Prince Charming" digital stamps
- Cornish Heritage Farms, "the Kim Hughes collection - MochaChica" papers
- Ribbon, stash
- Copic markers
- Stickles glitter glue
- Mo's Digital Challenge - love
- Stamp Something - use two of something (2 main images; two-fold card; two ribbons)
- Totally Gorjuss - bling it up
- Paper Sundaes - favourite book, poem or fairy tale (princess & the frog)
- The Crazy Challenge - girly
- Digital Tuesday Challenge - cute people (how cute is this little girl?)
- Everybody Art Challenge - fairy tale (princess & the frog)
- Crafty Creations - use your favourite stamp (easy to see why I love Mo's little princess)
- Creative Card Crew - pink & green
- Crafty Ho's Challenge - photo inspiration (if anyone would wear this hat, it would be this girl)