Wednesday, December 1, 2010

More House Mouse Christmas

A couple more House Mouse Christmas cards based on the card kit I picked up at Photo Express on the weekend. I had such fun colouring these two images, especially the bows on the first card. I am so pleased with how well the shading worked on the bows (card #1) and the robe (card #2).


The images were pre-stamped and all papers were pre-cut in the kit so all I had to do was colour the images (with Copics), ink and distress the papers and then put it all together. I swapped the papers around a bit but otherwise followed the kit layouts pretty closely.

So, how are you doing with your Christmas cards? Getting close to being finished? I'm about 3/4 finished (yippee!!!) so will quickly be at the addressing & sending out stage. I have to admit, my least favourite part of the process is writing in each card so I'm dreading it. Might have to uncork some wine this weekend to make it happen.

Challenges:
Colour Create - robin's egg blue, seafoam green, cream (see card #2)
Digital Tuesday Challenge - animals at Christmas
Top Tip Tuesday - anything goes
Creative Inspirations - Christmas gifts (see card #1; I would love to get one of these cute mice for Christmas)
ABC Christmas Challenge - "Y" is for "yuletide"; include holly & berries (see card #2)


6 comments:

  1. What a cute card Shelley! Love that image and your coloring is amazing! I'd like to thank you so much for sharing this with us at digital tuesday but do want to remind you that a digital image is required in order to have a chance at winning. Just thought I'd let you know.
    Have a great day,
    Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creations! Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday @ http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/ Please come back next Tuesday for another brilliant tip! :)

    Maggie

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so adorable!!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog, and for the heads up on DP's latest. Heehee...you're right - right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cards :-) the images are adorable and the papers and colours are fab ,,, perfect colouring too :-)


    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Shelley. I love House of Mouse images. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...these are such cute cards!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete