|My darling son after he received an award at school|
I tried a few different techniques for this layout which was pretty exciting. First off, I don't think I've ever layered this much, or used so many different papers. All of the papers are from Basic Grey's "Oliver" paper pack so I knew they went together but it was still pretty scary!
Then I couldn't find a background paper that I liked so I made my own! I started with a silver cardstock and then sponged on Jet Black distress ink in a random pattern. I should be honest though and admit that at first I was just inking up the edges of the paper but the sponge slipped and left a streak on the paper. I could've started over but instead I decided to go with it. In the end I love the rough, burnished appearance of paper.
I also inked up the letters and embellishments for the page. It was fun digging through my chipboard box for suitable shapes - I chose the spirals because they felt so festive. Some of the chipboard was already coloured, other pieces I inked.
I'm really going to try and make some cards this week so for you card-makers out there, stick with me! Thanks for visiting!
- Amber's Crafts & Stuff - stashbuster & anything goes
- Basic Grey Challenges - use something recycled (it's a small touch, but the red "ribbon" is cut from a pair of old pajamas)
- Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenge - make your own design paper
- Secret Crafter - anything but a card
- Simon Says Stamp & Show - the word I chose as my inspiration was "star"
- Tuesday Throwdown - anything but a card