Monday, March 7, 2011

Sunshine

It's still cold outside but the sun is shining and so Spring must be on its way. Today's card is definitely looking to Spring and better weather. I used this sweet digi from Motivet, coupled with patterned paper from Basic Grey. You need to look somewhat closely but you'll see that the yellow strip across the middle of the card is fringed; I used the Martha Stewart fringe scissors for the first time!

I went back & forth on adding more embellishments versus leaving the card quite plain. As you can see I decided on clean & simple because (to be honest) I'm just so pleased with how the colouring of the kitten worked out and I wanted it to really stand out. Generally I'm very critical of my colouring but I think I got the shading just right for this one. As well, the background papers are so detailed, I didn't want to add any more noise to the card. I left this without a sentiment so that it could be used for just about any occasion.

Challenges:

8 comments:

  1. beautiful card. your image is so cute and I love the bright colours you have used.

    clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable card. Glad you chose to share it with us at Scrapbook Sisters card challenge. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute card and very pretty too! Thanks for 'Cooking it up with katie'
    hope to see you next time too
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card, thanks for joining in the Creative Belli!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Shelley! I love that image! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute card!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Card Cupids =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little kitty is just tooo cute and the paper you used is really pretty!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute image, love the background paper! :)

    ReplyDelete