Friday, October 30, 2009

Teddy Bear in a Teacup

All right, the teddy bear isn't really in a teacup but my first thought to use this image was to add a handle to the boat and turn it into a teacup. Sort of a "tempest in a teapot" theme. But thankfully I came to my senses in time and made this card instead.

The image is a free digital stamp from Ildi Co that was offered for a challenge on the Paper Arts Copic Buzz group site. I also combined this with a sketch challenge from my favorite online scrapbook store - Scrap & Stamp.

This digital company is new to me and the image is one that I wouldn't necessarily have chosen but I ended up having a great time using it and I'm really quite pleased with the result.

I decided to try a new technique (to me) and cut-out and then layered the bear pieces and waves to really get a 3-D look. I chose a very general rub-on sentiment because I wanted to keep my options open for using it later. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey's "Offbeat" paper pack. I added the thick white eyelets because I thought they added a nautical flair.

1 comment: