Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring card

Today's card is perfect for a Spring day that is very unlike the one I'm experiencing today (rainy, cold and dreary). I first thought of having the girl sit on a plain ribbon but when I saw this scrap of leaf ribbon I had to give it a try - I must say I'm quite pleased with how well it looks, especially against the transparent background.

I used a Magnolia stamp image that I coloured with Copics, then fussy-cut and popped up - you can't see in the photo but she is actually very 3-D (top layer: legs, middle layer: dress & hair, bottom layer: face & arms). In honour of Earth Day, I cut the acrylic insert from some packaging that was headed to the garbage!

Recipe:
  • Magnolia Stamps - image
  • Spellbinder nestabilities
  • DCWV Citrus set - patterned paper
  • rub-on sentiment (stash)
  • ribbon (stash)
 Challenges I'm entering:


7 comments:

  1. Hi Shelley

    this is fantastic, I love how you have assembled tilda sitting on the leaves across the aperature it looks so effective, thanks for joining us at tpc

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly
    beautiful spring card, luv the design, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww... what a wonderful card Shelly!!! So glad you could join us for the Stamp Something challenge.
    Hugs, Denimo

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card!!! thanks for joining us at PIO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card!
    Thanks for Piling It On!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Create4fun challenge this week.
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute, love the idea with the leaf ribbon!!! thanks so much for playing along with both PIO and HFOS.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete