I took a class at Clipper Street recently and learned the coolest new technique - you can actually colour over glitter!
We started with a die cut - white cardstock and adhesive sheet, cut on the cuttlebug. A clear ultra-fine glitter was laid over the entire thing and well-burnished in. Then we used peel-off outline stickers to create a design (the butterfly/flower shape and circles).
At this point all I had was a shiny black and white label but then the magic happened. Once the glitter was well-burnished, I was able to colour over it with my Copic markers just like I would colour in anything else. The marker picked up the odd speck of glitter but this came off very easily when I brushed against some scrap paper. Because the colouring is done over top of the glitter the colours stay vibrant and clear.
To finish off the card a second larger die cut was cut/embossed for the background and 2 patterned papers were layer behind. I'm so excited to have found another use for my glitters and peel-off stickers! If you give it a try let me know what you think!
- Allsorts - keep it simple
- By the Cute & Girly - all things bright & beautiful
- Corrosive Challenges - die cut/punches
- Fussy and Fancy - try a new technique
- Partytime Tuesdays - anything goes
- Raise the Bar - things with wings
- Sparkles Forum - make it sparkle
- The Crazy Challenge - choose 3 colours (I used black, white, yellow)
- The Squirrel and The Fox - anything goes
very cute cardReplyDelete
seem to be so shining, must be even more beautiful in real! wow, very pretty job
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy fridays