Tuesday, September 27, 2011

You really can colour anything with Copic markers

I took a class at Clipper Street recently and learned the coolest new technique - you can actually colour over glitter!

We started with a die cut - white cardstock and adhesive sheet, cut on the cuttlebug. A clear ultra-fine glitter was laid over the entire thing and well-burnished in. Then we used peel-off outline stickers to create a design (the butterfly/flower shape and circles).

At this point all I had was a shiny black and white label but then the magic happened. Once the glitter was well-burnished, I was able to colour over it with my Copic markers just like I would colour in anything else. The marker picked up the odd speck of glitter but this came off very easily when I brushed against some scrap paper. Because the colouring is done over top of the glitter the colours stay vibrant and clear.

To finish off the card a second larger die cut was cut/embossed for the background and 2 patterned papers were layer behind. I'm so excited to have found another use for my glitters and peel-off stickers! If you give it a try let me know what you think!

Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. very cute card
    seem to be so shining, must be even more beautiful in real! wow, very pretty job
    thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy fridays

    ReplyDelete