Saturday, June 23, 2012

Fishing boy

Today's card is based on the current sketch at Stella Says Sketch and uses an adorable Bugaboo digital stamp. I coloured him using Copic markers and the background was created using Dylusions ink sprays (aren't the colours gorgeous!). I love the blues on the bottom of the paper (suggests water) coupled with the browns/reds & green on the top (reminds me of the woods in Autumn). I chose an embossing folder from Cuttlebug for the kraft card base - I think the folder is supposed to be a space design but I thought it was suggestive of ripples in water. I plan to use the card as a thank you for my Dad (he recently helped me with a whole bunch of work around my house). He's an avid fisherman so I think he'll like this little guy.


Challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this little guy. GREAT coloring job! Thanks for entering at PDE Challenges. Good luck! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I see on your sidebar you are a Lead Coordinator for Feline Playful. I LOVE FELINE PLAYFUL! I check it DAILY!!!! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley I am also joining this sketch from Catch the bug challenge easy sketch dont you think...love that little guy on your card and great coloring...Lovely card

    I am also joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, my Creation is number 181, would you mind to see it on my blog?Many thanks before :) hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Shelley thank you for sharing your fabby card with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, fabulous coloring and beautifull colors you have used, Thank you for sharing, hugs terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelley, this is so creative!!! Love the mat of your little fisherman, it is simply beautiful!! Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
    Blessings,
    Belinda
    http://theembellishedcard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelley, that fisherman in too cute, and you did a great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy this week. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is darling! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card & image! I'm sure your dad will love it!

    Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge:)

    Elaine
    PDEC DT

    ReplyDelete