Monday, January 21, 2013

Special packaging for a special friend

I finally got this gift to my BFF over the weekend so I can share it here on my blog. The gift inside wasn't anything special but I made up for it with customized wrapping.

I was inspired in creating this envelope wrapping by a posts at Home Sweet Homemade. I started with a scrap of wrapping paper which I cut to size and then folded so that the gift inside was fully covered plus an extra 2 inches at the top for a flap. I found this absolutely perfect paper in my scrap bin for the flap - I just love the shaped edge. Even though the envelope is glued together at the sides, the final touch was the ribbon woven through the gold eyelets (for extra strength and shine).

Challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Hi Shelley
    A fabulous and wonderful creation thank you for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. super creation, thanks for sharing your creative talent with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea for wrapping a gift! I love the ribbon! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea for a wrapping a gift. I love how you've woven the ribbon through the eyelets - great idea!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome use of our challenge...perfect! :) Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining in the tie it up challenge at Anything But A Card! So glad you found that paper in your scrap bin as it was perfect for this project! love it!

    ReplyDelete