Friday, January 9, 2015

Corset card

Today's project is a combination of card and gift packaging. I got my BFF a necklace and wanted to wrap it in a special way so I pulled out my brand-new Lace It Up diecut from Tattered Lace, did some research on the internet for styles and then created this corset card.


I had such fun making this. The corset itself is patterned paper over textured white cardstock that is wrapped in silver patterned ribbon. The laces are cut from a shiny silver paper and I made the ruffle from netting which I recycled from some packaging. The last step was punching a couple of holes so that the necklace could be strung through the card. I'm so pleased with how this worked out!

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

  • Cute Card Thursday - use something new (the Tattered Lace diecut)
  • Card Mania - make it sparkle
  • Love to Scrap - use an item beginning with at least one letter of our challenge blog initials (L, T, S, C, B). I used Lace, a Tattered Lace die cut, and made a Corset.
  • The Paper Girls - sparkle

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous card! I love the wonderful design. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Mania Challenges!

    ReplyDelete