Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My handsome sons

I'm really going to try and scrapbook more this year (and post photos of some of the more successful projects). My first completed layout of the year is this one of my son's current school photos.



I was inspired by the following challenge:

From my stash, I used T(wine, on the chalkboard sign) - W(ave, shape across the page) - I(nk, my journal pen) - N(umbers) - E(yelets, holding the chalkboard sign). I also used up quite a bit of scrap paper from a Sassafras pack that I had. Yay me!

I used a sketch from SketchSavvy but can't for the life of me track it down to link it here. I found it through Google search and printed it off for reference. But now I can't find it online anywhere (not even on the SketchSavvy blog). Urggh. But if you love sketches be sure to check out http://sketchsavvy.blogspot.ca/. Her sketches are really wonderful!

That's all for now. Have yourself a creative day!




9 comments:

  1. Very nice page and great job with the challenge! Love your idea of using the eyelet to hang the chalkboard sign! Thank you for joining us as Scrap Our Stash! happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome layout!
    Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the school touches (argyle, chalkboard, journaling block)-and the wave was a great take on the "w" part of the challenge! Kate (SOS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great papers with your photos. Nice ideas for the challenge. Thanks for joining in with us at Scrap Our Stash

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute boys! Fabulous layotu! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Out Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! Love the patterns you used. Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap Our Stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful layout and wonderful take on our challenge. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the challenge. Love how you used waye for the "W"! Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful paper layering! Thank you for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete