Thursday, January 22, 2015

My beautiful niece

My house isn't clean and my kids are going to run out of clean clothes any day now but I have been getting a lot of scrapbooking done... Today's layout is inspired by Scrap Our Stash Challenge and this month's page sketch. I've taken the sketch down to it's basic parts and made this page for my niece's most recent school picture. I used nothing but paper scraps (including the background paper which is a textured off-white) and the burlap ribbon and stickers are scraps too. The washi tapes have been in by stash for quite a while. The twist for the challenge is to use sequins and this was causing me some difficulty as I don't own any. But then I remembered a shirt of mine has a few sequins left on it. I'm not a sparkly person (in terms of clothing) so I had no qualms about removing the sequins and adding them to the heart on the layout. I used my Copic marker to make them black to mirror the black polka dots in the washi tape.


 Thanks for visiting my blog today.

7 comments:

  1. Sweet page, great color palette and wonderful take on the sketch! Thank you for linking up with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you had a shirt you were willing to sacrifice for this challenge! She is beautiful and I love your layout. Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page love the colors and wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to recycle (up cycle) the sequins..love that this was all done with scrap pieces!!!(Kate-SOS)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful page! Love the hearts! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! awesome layout! great job on with the sketch, great interpretation. thanks for joining us at scrap our stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely page. Great take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete