Monday, November 5, 2012

Vintage Christmas ATC

I've decided to try my hand at making some ATC's (artist trading cards). My first ATC has a Christmas theme and uses Basic Grey papers and embellishments along with a photo of little, old me sitting with Santa Claus.
I chose a corrugated cardboard background that has been distressed with Tim Holtz' Walnut ink. The patterned papers and embellishments are all from Basic Grey. The photo was originally in colour so I converted it to black & white and then lightly inked the edges and across the front to give it more of a vintage feel. I particularly like the flower embellishment as it feels like leather - great texture. I imagine that I'll end up adding the ATC to a card base at some point - don't you think it would make a cute Christmas card?

Challenges:
Basic Grey - anything goes
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge - use 3 design papers
Crazy 4 Challenges - anything but a card
Divas by Design - festive
Eclectic Ellapu - vintage
Jingle Belles - sketch 
Just Keep On Creating - anything Christmas
Live and Love Crafts - anything Christmas

7 comments:

  1. This is lovely - yes, it would make a cute Christmas card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 97 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would make an adorable card ... especially for someone who would really appreciate that vintage picture ... so glad you got sketchy with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ATC looks like a mini scrapbook layout! Great interpretation of our challenge this week over a Eclectic Ellapu.
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Thanks for playing at Divas by design this wk hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this gorgeous ATC would indeed make the BEST XMAS CARD ever!!!!! what a brilliant take on allison's sketch! thanks for joining our JINGLE BELLES fun!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAbulous - great design and I love the colours and texture! Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey Challenges, hugs Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shelley,
    Really? That's you in the picture? How cute, and what a great vintage image! Gorgeous card, thanks for joining LLC for our Nov challenge and sorry about my late visit.

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete