Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Serious Christmas Card

I've been making Christmas cards like crazy so I was just thrilled to find this sketch at Cute Card Thursday because it is so versatile. So far I've made 3 cards using the same sketch (and in fact, the same background papers) and I'm loving each one.

For today though I want to share this card which I made using an Ezee Pzee gift diecut and some Basic Grey papers.

I wanted this card to be more masculine because I intend it for my doctor and I just love how this patterned paper (from Basic Grey) manages to look festive yet not flippant (if that makes sense - LOL).

To make the 3D gift on the front, I wrapped the Ezee Pzee diecut in a scrap of the patterned paper and then added gold Stickles to the inside of the circles so that it really glitters and stands out. To emphasize the fact that the present has a lid, I folded a separate strip of paper and adhered it onto the top - the result is very dimensional. Then I added a gold ribbon and bow, again following the lines of the diecut shape itself.

I thought about adding a sentiment to the front of the card but decided to go with these poinsetta flowers instead. Originally they had coloured gems in the centres but I removed those and added gold Stickles. Then, to pull the card together even more, I coloured 2 of the flower layers to match the green matting of the gift.


Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - sketch
Simon Says Stamps - sparkle
Crafts & Me - glitter
Our Creative Corner - 3D
Cards for Men - Christmas for a male
Creative Inspirations - Christmas
Everybody Art Challenge - use shapes
Papertake Weekly - cut it out (use a punched shape or diecut)

6 comments:

  1. It maybe serious but it is also very pretty and yet at the same time also perfect for a man if that makes sense. I love it :D
    Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creation. love the bling! Papers are fab! Thanks for sharing your Wintery/Christmassy chilly whilly creation at the Creative Inspirations challenge this fortnight!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great male card...Fab papers and the present and flowers are lovely...Thanks for playing along with us at Cards for Men,hope you'll join us next time....
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful christmas card for a man. Your paper is very nice and I like how you have the gift. Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men. Good Luck on the challenge. Happy crafting. Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and I'm sure he'll love it. Thanks for entering the creative inspirations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei EAC.
    Liebe Grüße Doreen
    EAC-Team

    ReplyDelete