Sunday, November 14, 2010

You ain't getting *@#!

Today's Christmas card is my favourite to date. I'm usually pretty critical of my projects but there are just so many things that I love about this one that you'll please forgive me while I gush a bit.

First, I love that I repurposed some of the elements (the sleigh and it's stack of presents were pulled from an old Christmas tag) and the presents stacked at the front are made from various scraps.

Second, I love how the stair step design gives so much opportunity to add detail and additional elements. And when folded up the last 2 lines of the sentiment are hidden which gives a little "surprise".

Third, I adore the contrast between the traditional paper (from Basic Grey) and embellishments and the modern digi (from Bugaboo).

And finally, I LOVE the attitude. What can I say, everytime I look at this digi & sentiment I just chuckle. Hope this gives you a little laugh too.

Challenges:
Creative Belli - something old (the sleigh), something new (the digi), something borrowed (my son's finger to hold the ribbon in place), something blue (the sparkly stars on the gifts)
Crazy 4 Challenges - Christmas
Creative Inspirations - Christmas
Stamp Something - use a digital (image & sentiment)
Top Tip Tuesday - use an image & sentiment

8 comments:

  1. Love this card Shelley, makes me think of Maxine. You are way ahead of me as I haven't started my Christmas cards as I am busy doing a bunch of swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is just gorgoues love that image,fab colurs on this too thanks for playing at creative inspirations this week hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfu card, love that image. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft and Creative Inspirations this week.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card adore the image and sentiment is fab!Thanks for taking time out to join us in this weeks challenge over at Creative Inspirations good luck!Hope to see you again next time.
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely Stepper card, thanks for joining my callenge at OSCC good luck. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL what a great card and love the sentiment!
    Thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation, thanks for entering the Creative Inspirations Christmas Challenge, best of luck to you,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card :-) the image is fab and the papers and colours are perfect,, love the step detail :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete