Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thankful for exciting news

I have to start today's post by announcing some very exciting news --- I've been chosen for the brand-new design team (sorry, make that deZign team) at Ezee Pzee. If you haven't heard of Ezee Pzee yet then you will soon - this is a new company making wonderful, high-quality, detailed chipboard shapes and albums. If you look through my blog you'll see some examples of the great product that is being developed. I'm so thrilled to be a part of this new company!

I wish I had a new Ezee Pzee project to share but unfortunately I haven't had time yet since I just got the news. Be assured that I will be working on some very soon. In the meantime, here is a Thanksgiving card that I put together using some freebies from Create with TLC and Digidrawn (on CDAC).  Here in Canada, Thanksgiving is long over but it's always good to be prepared.
TLC is currently sponsoring the colour challenge at CDAC so I had no problem settling on a colour scheme. Paulette kindly made a digi and sentiment available free for the challenge but I decided to use the scarecrow which I picked up from her awhile back. I have wanted to use him since first seeing him --- Isn't he just too adorable? I coloured him with Copics and then traced a frame behind him using a Quickutz cookie cutter die. I wanted it to look as if he was jumping off the page so purposely left his hands and hat top out of the frame.

Digidrawn is sponsoring another challenge on CDAC - this one is to use layers so I coloured two copies each of the pumpkins and corn images (these were also provided free for the challenge). I cut out the small pumpkin and layered it onto the pumpkin pile. In order to get a more rounded affect, I placed the cut piece upside down into the palm of my hand and then used an embossing tool to gently curl the sides in. I used Zip-dry glue to keep the shape. For the corn, I popped up one of the strips of husk.

As usual, I used Basic Grey papers and then finished off with some buttons from my stash. Oh, and I also swept a bit of distress ink along the edges of the frame and card-base to tone down the brightness of the white. I wish I had photographed the inside of the card because I used the free sentiment that TLC provided.

Challenges:
Off the Wall Craftiness - colour combo
Our Creative Corner - attitude of gratitude
Scrap, stamp & doodle - Fall
CDAC Challenge - colour, other theme
Copic Creations - use your browns and/or create a scene
Stamping Vacation - any shape frame except square or circle
Stamping Vacation - occasion oasis: Thanksgiving

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Design Team Assignment! You will have a blast!

    Love your scarecrow! I like that parts of the image escape the frame panel! Love the papers too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Stamping Vacation's challenges! This earns you an entry in the Dec 1st drawing for the 4 December stamp sets from Mark's Finest Papers along with a $25.00 gift certificate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and happy scarecrow. Your card turned out super. Congrats on being selected for the EP DT. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I love that image. Too cute! Thanks for joining us at SSDS

    ReplyDelete