Monday, January 11, 2010

It's your party ...

I had the best time making this card. When I saw that the latest challenge on Mo's blog was to create a birthday card, I immediately knew that I had to use this sweet (cranky) little girl. And it just seemed so obvious that it had to go with that old classic song "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" (the inside of the card has the additional sentiment "but it's just another birthday").



I ended up combining quite a few challenges into this one card which is a rarity for me:

Mo's Digital Pencil - challenge #13 - birthday

One Stop Craft Challenge - challenge #61 - something beginning with "B"

Polka Doodle - week 1 challenge - A song title

Cute Card Thursday - challenge #94 - All new (I'm using a new stamp and also a birthday is a new start to the year)

ABC Challenge - L is for Layering

Truly Scrumptious Challenges - challenge #23 sketch


The recipe

Digital image "Two" from Mo's Digital Pencil
Paper from Basic Grey "Lemonade"
All colouring with Copics
Flowers from Prima and altered with Copics

18 comments:

  1. Isn't this little pouter the cutest?! Great card! Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what an adorable image and I love how you've coloured her. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab image, great interpretation of the song title. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card!! :0)
    Thanks for joining in with Mo's challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even cuter than what I thought. Love the stamp. Perfect lyric for the image. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very cute card with such a sweet image. Thanks so much for joining us at Polka Doodles this week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh she is absolutelu adorable, and what a clever lyric!

    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card :-) I love this image ,, isn't she cute ,,, and the papers and sentiment are fab ! :-)

    thanks for joining the ABC Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. please consider turning the word verification off :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous card I love this Mo's image she has the cutest face...thank you for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww so sweet. Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the sentiment, fits in so well with Polka Doodle entry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shelley...I Love your card for Mo's challenge this week. Thanks for playing along. Look for our newest challenge tomorrow, Thursday, Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi shelley great card i adore the little pouter she is fab! take care sal x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute little madam. Love it. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles this week...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehehehe! I do like this! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles - great card! Love that image. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete