Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dino-mite Birthday

One of Luke's friends has a birthday coming up so I decided to make a boy's birthday card last night.

I used a digital stamp from Stamping Dragon Designs (currently available as a freebie on Crafters Digital Art Center (CDAC) as part of this month's challenge). And by the way, if you aren't a member at CDAC yet, join and start using all those wonderful digis!

Since the card is for a boy I wanted a nice earthy feel and so decided to use the colour palette from Play Date Cafe's colour challenge. The sentiment is computer generated with an eyelet put through the "o" for a bit of interest. I'm quite proud of the 3 circle embellies as those were saved from some packaging months ago - I just knew they would come in handy some day!

When the card was finished it still seemed too plain so I added a couple of fabric maple leaves behind the dinosaur. I think it makes for a more interesting background and kind of reminds me of wings.

Challenges:
Play Date Cafe - colour challenge
CDAC Other Theme Challenge - 1 image, 2 design papers, 3 embellishments
Creative Inspirations - recycle an element on your card
Challenge Up Your Life - celebrations

5 comments:

  1. Oh that's so cute, love the dinosour. Thanks for entering my challenge on creative inspirations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute birthday card! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card and I love that you saved the circles for the right project! Thanks so much for joining in with the Creative Inspirations challenge this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun birthday card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card! Great leaves behind the dino! Glad you joined us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete