Friday, August 20, 2010

Make your own sketch

Here is card #2 for The Stamping Boutique's month-long challenge. This week the challenge is to create a card from a sketch you create yourself. I decided to use the image that was provided free at the beginning of the challenge and then created a simple design that would really highlight it.

I chose really vibrant/strong colours when I coloured the image and I had a really hard time finding the right patterned paper until I came across this one ("Marabelle") in the new Basic Grey "Olivia" pack. I have most of the Basic Grey paper packs and I don't think I've ever failed to find the right paper in there! Instead of colouring the flowers on the image, I attached some small paper & felt flowers with added pearl centres.

In addition to the Basic Grey PP, I also used a sheet of Core'dinations "Black Magic" card. I sanded the edges to bring out the purple core, thereby creating a small frame. The final touch was the ribbon and larger pearls (because cards always need some shine, in my opinion).

Challenges:
Basic Grey Challenges - pearls
Stamp Something - stamp something digi
The Stamping Boutique - create a card using your own sketch

2 comments:

  1. What a bright and colorful card! Thanks for sharing at Stamp Something.

    Hugs,
    Renata

    ReplyDelete